D365 new features – No-code form customisationContinue reading
One of the most useful new features found in the spring 2018 release of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations is the ability to customise forms and tables directly in the user interface, without the need for any coding. Using a sales order as an example, let’s see how to add a new field to a form.
1. When you click on Personalize this form in the Options ribbon, you will find in the toolbar that the ‘+’ has been replaced by ‘Insert’.
2. Click Field and then click in the pane where we want to add a new field. We will add a field in the Sales order header. As before, the Insert fields side panel opens, but now there is the option available to + Create new field.
3. We need to complete the details, add a Label name, and a tool-tip description if required. The standard types are available to choose for the type of field.
4. Confirm the customisation.
5. The newly created field will appear at the top of the list of available fields. Click Insert, and after refreshing the page, the new field is ready to be used.
This ability to add user-defined fields is one of the new features Microsoft is adding to Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations to make it more flexible and customisable for power users without the need of coding.
Implementing a new ERP system in an organisation is always a challenge. Users question whether they will be able to cope with analysing the data flow in an integrated system without external support. The accountant wonders whether all the set-up accounts are correct. The chief technologist cannot get rid of troublesome thoughts about whether the routings and boms are set up optimally. This is why it is so important to have a reliable service team to help the company control the system in the post-implementation stage. In this article, we take a look at the issues surrounding the implementation of an ERP system and the benefits of maintaining proactive service support.
328.77 million terabytes of data are generated every day - this is the estimate for the first quarter of 2023 (1). These are massive amounts of data on a global scale. On a smaller scale, such as an enterprise, it's difficult to estimate because it depends on the organisation in question, but one thing is certain - collecting, processing and analysing this data is the key to business success today. Why is the Data Lake service so important for data analysis and reporting in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations? How can you tame the data by integrating Microsoft Power BI analytics with Data Lake? We have drawn up some tips.
The retail industry is still dealing with the effects of the pandemic that lasted almost three years. In addition to this, further global events are causing disruption to the supply chain or financial stability of many retailers globally. As the industry confronts new challenges shaped by economic and geopolitical factors, it also faces trends influenced by changing customer expectations and needs. Here are 5 developments and trends to watch.
An interactive, AI-powered support for sales, customer service, marketing, and supply chain - Microsoft Dynamics 365 Copilot leverages generative AI and natural language processing technology to perform simple, yet time-consuming daily tasks that workload employees but can be automated.