D365 F&O – 15 UI tips and tricksContinue reading
Dynamics 365 for Operations (formerly Dynamics AX) has a fresh and intuitive user interface that can be customised to fit your needs. Here are 15 simple but useful tips to help you make the most of your Dynamics 365 user experience.
1. Add custom dashboard banner
Organisation administration > Organisations > Legal entities > Dashboard image:
- Click Edit
- Choose Dashboard company image type
- Select Banner
- Click Change
- Browse for file
The optimal resolution for a banner image is 1920 x 281 pixels.
The optimal width for a logo image is 350 pixels.
2. Personalise default dashboard
- Right-click on any Workspace
- Click Personalise
- Click Personalise this form
- Use Personalisation bar to drag and drop or hide Workspaces
3. Pin tile to default dashboard
- Open desired Workspace
- Right-click on a tile
- Select Pin to dashboard
4. Pin list, project, etc. to default dashboard
Filter list as necessary or open a project. Select OPTIONS > Add to workspace. Click Configure. Enter name for tile. Deselect count on tile if not necessary. Return to Workspace and refresh.
Pin tile to default dashboard as in Tip 3.
5. Pin NavPane and ActionPane
6. Save favourites for quick access
Click star to save as favourite.
7. Default dashboard options: Essentials dashboard
- Click main settings icon
- Click Options
- Click Preferences
- Select Initial page > Essentials dashboard
8. Personalisation bar – Manage function
- Choose OPTIONS > Personalise this form
- Click Manage
- Export all your personalisations into an XML file or Import a file
- Clear and refresh will reset Workspace to default state, apart from grids
9. Mouse over links for pop-up info boxes
Throughout the UI there are helpful pop-up info boxes available by hovering the cursor over links.
10. Personalise grids
- Choose OPTIONS > Personalise this form
- Select Move or Hide function
- Click on column header to hide column
- Click on Add function
- Click on any column header (or filter) to bring up list of fields (or filters) to add
11. Peek behind a dialogue/slider
Click and hold outside the slider to see behind.
12. Work in several windows at the same time
To work in more than one window simultaneously, use the window pop-out icon. The original page will reload the previous page.
13. Use the Action search bar
For quick access to Actions, use the Action search bar (hot key: Alt Q or Ctrl '). Start typing the name of the desired Action and select in list.
14. Fast Tabs
Data in Fast Tabs is not loaded until the tabs are expanded. If not used often, leave in collapsed state as it may improve performance.
15. Fact Boxes
Data in Fact Boxes is not loaded until the sections are expanded. If not used often, leave in collapsed state as it may improve performance.
Implementing a new ERP system in an organisation is always a challenge. Users question whether they will be able to cope with analysing the data flow in an integrated system without external support. The accountant wonders whether all the set-up accounts are correct. The chief technologist cannot get rid of troublesome thoughts about whether the routings and boms are set up optimally. This is why it is so important to have a reliable service team to help the company control the system in the post-implementation stage. In this article, we take a look at the issues surrounding the implementation of an ERP system and the benefits of maintaining proactive service support.
328.77 million terabytes of data are generated every day - this is the estimate for the first quarter of 2023 (1). These are massive amounts of data on a global scale. On a smaller scale, such as an enterprise, it's difficult to estimate because it depends on the organisation in question, but one thing is certain - collecting, processing and analysing this data is the key to business success today. Why is the Data Lake service so important for data analysis and reporting in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations? How can you tame the data by integrating Microsoft Power BI analytics with Data Lake? We have drawn up some tips.
The retail industry is still dealing with the effects of the pandemic that lasted almost three years. In addition to this, further global events are causing disruption to the supply chain or financial stability of many retailers globally. As the industry confronts new challenges shaped by economic and geopolitical factors, it also faces trends influenced by changing customer expectations and needs. Here are 5 developments and trends to watch.
An interactive, AI-powered support for sales, customer service, marketing, and supply chain - Microsoft Dynamics 365 Copilot leverages generative AI and natural language processing technology to perform simple, yet time-consuming daily tasks that workload employees but can be automated.