D365 F&O – 15 UI tips and tricksContinue reading
Dynamics 365 for Operations (formerly Dynamics AX) has a fresh and intuitive user interface that can be customised to fit your needs. Here are 15 simple but useful tips to help you make the most of your Dynamics 365 user experience.
1. Add custom dashboard banner
Organisation administration > Organisations > Legal entities > Dashboard image:
- Click Edit
- Choose Dashboard company image type
- Select Banner
- Click Change
- Browse for file
The optimal resolution for a banner image is 1920 x 281 pixels.
The optimal width for a logo image is 350 pixels.
2. Personalise default dashboard
- Right-click on any Workspace
- Click Personalise
- Click Personalise this form
- Use Personalisation bar to drag and drop or hide Workspaces
3. Pin tile to default dashboard
- Open desired Workspace
- Right-click on a tile
- Select Pin to dashboard
4. Pin list, project, etc. to default dashboard
Filter list as necessary or open a project. Select OPTIONS > Add to workspace. Click Configure. Enter name for tile. Deselect count on tile if not necessary. Return to Workspace and refresh.
Pin tile to default dashboard as in Tip 3.
5. Pin NavPane and ActionPane
6. Save favourites for quick access
Click star to save as favourite.
7. Default dashboard options: Essentials dashboard
- Click main settings icon
- Click Options
- Click Preferences
- Select Initial page > Essentials dashboard
8. Personalisation bar – Manage function
- Choose OPTIONS > Personalise this form
- Click Manage
- Export all your personalisations into an XML file or Import a file
- Clear and refresh will reset Workspace to default state, apart from grids
9. Mouse over links for pop-up info boxes
Throughout the UI there are helpful pop-up info boxes available by hovering the cursor over links.
10. Personalise grids
- Choose OPTIONS > Personalise this form
- Select Move or Hide function
- Click on column header to hide column
- Click on Add function
- Click on any column header (or filter) to bring up list of fields (or filters) to add
11. Peek behind a dialogue/slider
Click and hold outside the slider to see behind.
12. Work in several windows at the same time
To work in more than one window simultaneously, use the window pop-out icon. The original page will reload the previous page.
13. Use the Action search bar
For quick access to Actions, use the Action search bar (hot key: Alt Q or Ctrl '). Start typing the name of the desired Action and select in list.
14. Fast Tabs
Data in Fast Tabs is not loaded until the tabs are expanded. If not used often, leave in collapsed state as it may improve performance.
15. Fact Boxes
Data in Fact Boxes is not loaded until the sections are expanded. If not used often, leave in collapsed state as it may improve performance.
The retail industry is still dealing with the effects of the pandemic that lasted almost three years. In addition to this, further global events are causing disruption to the supply chain or financial stability of many retailers globally. As the industry confronts new challenges shaped by economic and geopolitical factors, it also faces trends influenced by changing customer expectations and needs. Here are 5 developments and trends to watch.
An interactive, AI-powered support for sales, customer service, marketing, and supply chain - Microsoft Dynamics 365 Copilot leverages generative AI and natural language processing technology to perform simple, yet time-consuming daily tasks that workload employees but can be automated.
Every company management facing a system change wonders what steps should be taken to ensure that this change does not cause turbulence to its business. Identical dilemmas are faced by any IT company that provides services to implement a new system. I will focus on these dilemmas today.
Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technologies are changing business every day - just as new tools and services are frequently emerging to expand their use cases. PwC estimates that the impact of these technologies on the global economy will add approximately $15.7 trillion to its value by 2030 (1).